Comment on page
Using the Airtable API Wizard
The Airtable API Wizard automatically creates GET requests from an Airtable base to display data in your app.
1. In Data Library, click
+ New Collectionand select
2. Follow the onscreen instructions to find the share link of your Airtable base. Click
- 3.With Airtable open, click on your account in the upper right corner of the screen. Here you'll see a dropdown menu appear. Click the Developer hub option. Or if you are currently signed into Airtable, you can click here to access the developer hub.
Create tokenfrom the Personal access token tab.
- 5.Set a
Name, for example: Bravo API key.
+ Add a scopeand select
+ Add a baseand select All workspaces (you may select a specific base if you want).
Create token. Make sure you verified your email first.
- 9.A new modal shows up: Your token has been created. Copy the token.
- 10.Go back to Bravo and past the token in the Enter API Key field and click
4. Wait for the Wizard to do its magic. Click
Continueonce all the steps are green.
5. The Wizard creates two requests per table: one for the list page and one for the detail page. Therefore, there are 2 tables in my Airtable, but 4 requests have been created. All the data records from the requests are also selected.
The Advanced view takes you to the "Custom API" view, where you can configure the requests further (like adding parameters).
6. You are done! Go back to your Projects and start binding data to your apps 🚀